Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Crabbiness in the Workplace



Today is frustrating at work. My boss, who has spent the last several days house hunting rather that accomplishing any actual business-like activities, has given me about 400 assignments to do at once. Almost all of these strike me as the least consequential items to be doing with my day. 

One of them is ordering business cards- a simple enough task. OR IS IT? I walked in on my boss using his diamond gauge to measure the millimeter depth of his current business card and after that he plans to send me to the other side of town to make sure the “black is black enough” while he goes to lunch. 

Not only do I have the other 399 assignments he gave me, but why can’t we just trust the actual printer to do this? I asked for rich black- if they don’t deliver, get a refund. How on earth is it more economical to pay your assistant to look into this for potentially hours? Re-goddamn-diculous.

All I can think of is American Psycho. There was a lengthy analysis of business cards made by Christian Bale right before he went around murdering people in the buff. I’m pretty much on the edge of American Psycho myself these days.

Time to get rolling on that resume again…

No comments:

Post a Comment