Friday, April 12, 2013

New Love on the Horizon?



It’s been a long time since I posted. I’m the worst at maintaining a blog.

So updates- Needle in the Haystack guy is out. He eventually decided that I wasn’t going to ever be up for something more serious and he got himself out. I eventually decided that Boston guy was never going to want anything more serious, so I got out.

Then I dated a bit, worked a lot and nothing of notable interest happened to me for several months, which in and of itself is pretty ridiculous. Awkward is more normal in my life.

Presently, 2 things have happened. I have met someone new- he shall henceforth be known as The Rugby Player (and/or RP). I actually really like him and would be interested in dating him at a more exclusive level. I met him because he is a teammate of my roommate’s boyfriend. There have been many occurrences in which we should have met over the past entire year, but never crossed paths until February. Timing wise, this is actually perfect as had we met at this time last year, I was all over the place with that Two-Faced Douchebag from the restaurant and he was in a relationship with a girl in DC.

The unfortunate part of this timing is that my roommate and her boyfriend (the common friends responsible for us getting together) split up 3 weeks after our first date. So that adds an interesting awkward component.

Things have been a little shaky with this guy, so I was excited to see him last night for the first time in 2 weeks. He seemed just as excited, and we grabbed a drink and talked and laughed. I need to have a more serious conversation with him regarding what is going on though, because I’m getting some mixed messages. Haven’t seen him in 2 weeks BUT we text every day. Reputation for hooking up all the time, BUT he says he hasn't been sleeping with anyone else… it’s all quite confusing. I can’t figure out if he likes me or just wants another convenience based booty call girl out in Brooklyn to add to the harem of “options.”

Last night RP paid for me to take a cab home. He didn’t feel comfortable with me walking around my neighborhood at night alone, which was sweet, but a bit unnecessary. When I got home I found my roommate sitting in the living room on the couch, drinking wine, and attempting to teach herself to play guitar through a YouTube tutorial. She seems to have her doubts about RP. Some are well founded and others seem more bitter and derived from her recent breakup with RP’s friend.

My night eventually ended with me going to bed and RP sending me an epic, somewhat dark, and romantic poem.

Then there was a dick pic.
Then a period.

I don’t know what to make of this boy, but I sure like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment