Friday, May 11, 2012

Expanding my Comfort Zone... in Fashion.


I am not an exciting dresser. For the most part, my wardrobe is several pairs of the exact same jeans and a bunch of t-shirts that I either got for free from a promotional event, or purchased at a brewery or concert. I don’t let underwear and socks go until they disintegrate in the dryer (much to my sister’s disappointment).  NYC is out of my element, clothing-wise.

Not dressing quite this saucey... yet.
However, recently I acquired some more interesting clothing from my friend who is a fit model and insists that I spice up my wardrobe (aka- go buy clothes from somewhere that doesn’t serve food as its primary function.) 

Today I put my fashion foot forward and wore an article she passed on. They are ribbed black leggings with little metal snaps on the sides. Edgy. It’s like wearing a sweater on my legs, except due to the fact that I have a “crack-back*,” they keep slipping down, which is awkward. Luckily I am wearing a long, boring gray sweater over top so I am still mildly in my comfort zone dressing like a shadow, and I can pretend they are like regular stockings.

Due to my fashion-forwardness today, I expect I got the burst of confidence to try one more time for UDG by texting him to ask him out for coffee. And he said yes! Details still to be worked out, but still! It's happening! I give all credit to these aggressively fashionable sweater-pant things that I would have entirely passed on in the store. 

Fab!

Other than that, not much is new. I am going to a play tonight Off-Broadway called “Old Jews Telling Jokes.” I think the title is going to be a spoiler alert, much like “Snakes on a Plane.” But I’m open to it! It’s a good Friday for spicing things up!


*Vocabulary lesson, via my sister: Crack-back is when your legs simply turn into your spine, with no butt for transition. Incredibly frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment