Thursday, January 20, 2011

On Being a Transient…

As usual, our office is freezing again. No worries though. I’m evolving into a sub-arctic human being.
I’m starting to get a bit exhausted with living at home. I feel like I don’t take care of myself very well anymore because I don’t really belong anywhere- half my stuff is at my parents’ where I have commandeered a bedroom temporarily and live out of boxes, while the other half of my stuff is still at my boyfriend’s house- being used (in my best guess) a little aggressively. Now all my things are too disorganized for me to bother with things that I normally pay attention to. I’m currently wearing the same underwear I wore yesterday, for example.
I recently got a status update on the girl I was planning on moving in with- apparently her dad is cutting her off and she’s exploring her lesbian tendencies. She’s been unemployed since August and before that worked in a bookstore in Portland. Without the external help, she has had to give up her extravagant downtown two-bedroom, rent a storage space, and move in with an aunt outside of the city. She has a new girlfriend as well. My sources tell me she is like Eeyore, which is really too bad, because my potential future roommate is a very attractive and friendly girl.
On the other hand, I have no idea what my plans are regarding living location, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise that things aren’t working out on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment