Friday, January 14, 2011

Sleep Deprivation

Today is rough physically. I only had 3 beers last night with my friends, but I stayed up too late and I’m definitely tired today. Usually when I’m sleepy in the morning, I go lie down in the shower in the fetal position and try to sleep a few more minutes. The mentality is that I’m killing two birds with one stone- getting ready while simultaneously sleeping in- however, it doesn’t ever really work. Water is used to bring people out of an unconscious state, not put them back to sleep. So, while it is relaxing, it is not effective.  
I ended up getting to work about 10 minutes early and reclining the driver’s seat and taking a cat nap before work. I probably look insane, but at least it’s better than trying to do it at intersections during the red light (which HAS happened before).  Sometimes all you need is the extra 10 minutes. I feel much better now!
It probably didn’t help that I kept having weird dreams last night either. I dreamed that Taylor Swift was the President of the United States and also maintaining her status as the best country music star. In the dream she was 13 years old instead of 21, but she still looked and (I suppose) acted the same as she does now. Obviously, everyone was very impressed that the youngest (and first female) president had ever been elected! How does she do it? A full-time country music career AND running the country? What was pretty cool for me was my celebrity encounter in the dream- My boyfriend, myself, my sister, and her boyfriend were all in an elevator and who should be there but the President herself! However, none of us knew what to say so we ended up just doing the thing where you hesitate to push the button, but then when you realize the other person is doing the same thing, you both reach for it too fast and there’s this little awkward period followed by awkward-elevator silence. Strangely, there was no secret service on the elevator, but, then again, with 5 of us it was already pretty crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment